Ordering Policies for Canada
Akademiks.com ships to Canada! Please take a moment to read the important information below before placing your order for delivery to Canada. For further inquiries, please contact us at [email protected].
PLEASE NOTE: To guarantee timely Customs clearance, Akademiks.com will not ship orders greater than 30 total items or $1,400 U.S. dollars. If you place an order greater than 30 items, or over $1,400 USD, a customer service representative will contact you via email to determine which items you'd like to cancel from your order.
We've partnered with Federal Express and the Postal Service to provide the best delivery service to your corner of the world. The chart below shows pricing and expected transit times for delivery to your destination. When your order ships we'll send a confirmation email with your shipment tracking number from your chosen carrier. Please note that the transit times listed below are estimates, and many factors could increase or decrease the time it takes your order to arrive at your door.
Shipping Rates for Canada
|Product Total||FedEx International Economy
(3 to 5 Business Days)
|Priority Mail International
(8 to 12 Business Days)
|Up to $50||$19.95||$15.95|
|$50 - $100||$24.95||$23.95|
|$100 - $150||$29.95||$30.95|
|$150 - $250||$39.95||$39.95|
|$250 - $500||$49.95||$46.95|
|$500 - $1000||$59.95||$62.95|
|$1000 - $1400||$78.95||$78.95|
|*Akademiks.com can not ship orders greater than $1,400 USD to Canada.|
BACK TO TOP
Tax and Duty Chargers
Customs law requires that all applicable Duties and Taxes must be paid for shipments entering Canada. By placing an order with Akademiks.com, you agree to pay the duties and taxes charged by Customs at the time of delivery. Customs duty and Value-Added Tax (VAT) will be payable, as follows:
- Customs duty – Typically 20-30% of product price (based on product characteristics)
- Tax – Typically 6-16% of product price (based on province)
- Advancement Fees – FedEx fee for processing of duties/fees (currently $8.00 USD)
For further assistance in understanding and estimating taxes and duties, please visit Canada customs at www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca (Canada Revenue Agency) or www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca (Canada Border Services Agency), or by calling 1-800-959-5525 from within Canada.
Canada Tax Rates by Province (Will be charged at time of Delivery)
|Province||GST||PST||HST||Total Tax Rate|
|British Columbio (BC)||12.0%||12.0%|
|New Brunswick (NB)||13.0%||13.0%|
|Newfoundland and Labrador (NL)||13.0%||13.0%|
|Northwest Territories (NT)||5.0%||5.0%|
|Nova Scotia (NS)||15.0%||15.0%|
|Prince Edward Island (PE)||5.0%||10.0%||15.50%|
|Quebec (PQ / QC)||5.0%||7.5%||12.875%|
|Yukon Territory (YT)||5.0%||5.0%|
|*Estimated tax rates. Please contact your Customs Agency for exact information.|
BACK TO TOP
Payment OptionsThe following payment options are available to Canadian customers: credit card, debit card, and money order.
- Credit Card and Debit Card: We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards. Debit cards are also accepted as long as they have a Visa or MasterCard logo.
- PayPal: PayPal payments are accepted from Canada so long as you use your Confirmed delivery address. Proceed through our online checkout and select PayPal as your payment. Sorry, but we do not accept PayPal e-checks.
- Money Order: We accept money order payments by mail as long as your money order is denominated in US dollars. Shoppers using money order must call 888-437-5297 or 858-634-5595 and order by phone before mailing us your payment.
For further assistance in understanding and estimating taxes and duties, please visit Canada customs atwww.ccra-adrc.gc.ca (Canada Revenue Agency) or www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca (Canada Border Services Agency), or by calling 1-800-959-5525 from within Canada.